|NOUN || an aunt | aunts |
|SYNO ||aunt | auntie | aunty|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Aunt Becka - Carrie's paternal aunt, a spinster.
- The defendant lived with her aunt aged 73 years. The aunt was healthy until shortly before her death.
- The parrot scheme is successful, but Millie's aunt wishes to meet Ukridge's Aunt Julia.
- Aunt Hazel: Pat's beloved aunt, who marries early in the book.
- She is often mentioned in the stories as being Bertie's fearsome aunt, in contrast to her sister Aunt Dahlia, Bertie's genial aunt.
- Instead of chasing boys on the beach with her friends, recent college grad Dora finds herself caring for her reclusive Great Aunt in snowy upstate New York.
- Aunt Ruth - Charity's aunt. She never married anyone. Aunt Ruth speaks her mind easily which makes Charity nervous.
- In the film "Franklin and the Turtle Lake Treasure", his paternal aunt Lucy and her goddaughter Sam chose to settle in Woodland as well.
- Investigation into the cell phone usage showed that he had called his mother, who had called his aunt.
- Harriet Hallowell's aunt Sara died in July 1924 and she inherited her aunt's estate.
- Aunt Jane and Uncle Andy: The children's great aunt (Grandfather Alden's sister) and her husband. Aunt Jane was once unkind, but was changed in "Mystery Ranch", the fourth book of the series.
- He was also related through his aunt, Christian Boog, to Mary Somerville, making her a distant aunt.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!