To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- One Killing vector corresponds to the time translation symmetry of the metric, and another corresponds to the axial symmetry about the axis of rotation.
- In "Vertical flow" axial symmetry exists and flow patterns are more stable.
- A 4D "polyhedral pyramid" with axial symmetry can be visualized in 3D with a Schlegel diagram—a 3D projection that places the apex at the center of the base polyhedron.
- In 3-dimensions, a surface or solid of revolution has circular symmetry around an axis, also called cylindrical symmetry or axial symmetry.
- A particular type of axial symmetry is spherical symmetry. In this case, we have a function "f"("r"), where "r"2 = "x"2 + "y"2 + "z"2.
- An example of pp-wave given when gravity is in presence of matter is the gravitational field surrounding a neutral Weyl fermion: the system consists in a gravitational field that is a pp-wave, no electrodynamic radiation, and a massless spinor exhibiting axial symmetry.
- The axial symmetry presented by the McLaurin spheroids is broken at this bifurcation point.
- The researchers propose that the implicit structure of the garden is designed to appeal to the viewer's unconscious visual sensitivity to axial-symmetry skeletons of stimulus shapes.
- The chiral symmetry transformation can be divided into a component that treats the left-handed and the right-handed parts equally, known as vector symmetry, and a component that actually treats them differently, known as axial symmetry.
- It exists first in a series of polyhedra with axial symmetry, so also can be given the name "digonal gyrobianticupola".
- Classically, the axial symmetry admits a well-formulated gauge theory. But at the quantum level, there is an anomaly, that is, an obstruction to gauging.
- Axial symmetry is a characteristic of all major Timurid structures, notably the Shāh-e Zenda in Samarkand, the "Musallah" complex in Herat, and the mosque of Gawhar Shad in Mashhad.
- The side northern facade is without buttresses and has four axial symmetry.
- This is in accordance with the model for collective motion (based on nuclei deformed from a spherical shape, but with axial symmetry) for which Aage Bohr, Ben Roy Mottelson and James Rainwater won the 1975 Nobel Prize.
- A. J. van der Merwe and J.H. van der Merwe, "Dispersion Interactions Between Unexcited Molecules Possessing Axial Symmetry: Arbitrary—Order Contributions, " Found. Phys. 3, 297—311 (1973).
- The layout of the complex shows bi axial symmetry around the chedi with the main and small [...] slightly off the east–west cardinal plane.
- In problems of mathematical physics and applied mathematics, the Hankel, [...] , [...] transforms all may appear in problems having axial symmetry.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!