|NOUN || a vicinity | vicinities |
|SYNO ||locality | neck of the woods | neighborhood | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Numerous sidings have served private customers in the vicinity of Lyttelton station.
- In June 1999, the ROK Navy forces engaged the North Korea naval forces near the Northern Limit Line (NLL) in the vicinity of Yeonpyeong Island.
- There is vicinity evidence of prehistoric man, particularly slightly to the southwest of Boddam where a number of prehistoric monuments including Catto Long Barrow, Silver Cairn and many tumuli are found.
- The Payne's Creek vicinity contains forested reaches, and also provides habitat for numerous understory flora and fauna.
- Being located at the northeastern vicinity of Yerevan, Byureghavan is connected with capital city with buses and minibuses.
- The extension would have begun in the vicinity of I-495 exit 71 and ended in the vicinity of NY 25A's intersection with Sound Avenue.
- It is famous for its marsh tortoises, herons, expanses of untouched reeds and nine species of orchids which grow in the vicinity.
- After the Battalion fixed the enemy in the vicinity of Al Kut, the Battalion conducted a 250 kilometer road march, bypassing Al Kut.
- Initially Victoria and its vicinity was not part of the new German colony Kamerun and remained under British administration.
- Republica is a metro station in Bucharest, servicing the heavy machinery plant with the same name and the Cora hypermarket located in the vicinity.
- In the vicinity of Malmesbury there are the smaller villages of Abbotsdale, Chatsworth, and Kalbaskraal, while in the vicinity of Moorreesburg is found the village of Koringberg.
- Interstate 81 is located in the vicinity of Nine Partners Creek. The reach of the highway running in the creek's vicinity was built in the 1960s.
- There is an anticlinal in the vicinity of Furnace Run. Bog ore has historically been extracted in the vicinity of the stream.
- Numerous rare or endangered plant species have been observed in the vicinity of Harveys Lake.
- There are ruins of the Roman city Augae in the vicinity.
- Additional suspicious fires erupted in Kiryat Tiv'on, in the vicinity of Adi, at Route 70 by Bat Shelomo, at Beit Rimon Junction in the vicinity of Nazareth, and near Mashhad.
- Significant historic listed buildings in the vicinity include: Fetteresso Castle, which is also the site of Bronze Age discoveries< and Muchalls Castle, originally a 14th-century tower house.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!