|NOUN || a victor | victors |
|SYNO ||master | superior | victor | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- By 1413, Mehmed I had emerged as the victor. However, the Byzantines had made sure to support the victor and Mehmed I did not forget the kindness of the Byzantines and was able to "control" his Turk subjects from expanding into Byzantine territory.
- It was originally assigned the "victor (unit-assigned identification) number" 2 but on 1 August was given the large 'Square A' tail markings of the 497th Bombardment Group as a security measure and had its "victor number" changed to 72 to avoid misidentification with actual 497th aircraft.
- It is possibly a junior synonym of "Hallopus victor".
- Timanthes of Cleonae was a victor in the pankration.
- The Improvement of the community started in 1952, through the efforts of Victor C.
- During the "Age of Ultron" storyline, Victor Mancha was bringing some children to one of the Runaways' old bases in Los Angeles.
- Christus ab ínferis victor ascéndit.
- Eight companies are made up primarily of deck license option cadets , two of engineering license option cadets , and two "victor" companies.
- The winner between the fourth- and fifth-seeded eastern teams would play the victor of the first- and eighth-seeded match while the winner between the third- and sixth-seeded eastern teams would play the victor of the second- and seventh-seeded match.
- Henry Turner of the Labour Party was declared the victor by a single vote, but Linnett lodged a successful petition against the result and was declared the victor.
- The memorial names "presul Baldricus … preses Rodolphus … victor Yrimfredus pariterque comes Nevelongus" Balderic, governor Rudolph, victor Ehrenfried and count Nebelung as his children.
- The Liberal victor, Wilfrid Lawson had previously been MP for Cockermouth and Carlisle and at 74 was the second oldest victor at a by-election.
- Now in the ostensibly-neutral hands of Cordell Hull, the chairman of the Democratic National Convention, party machinery was expected to shift to the victor during the convention, and a respectable run in the fall election would insure the victor's continued supremacy in Democratic politics.
- Victor Mancha was bringing some children to one of the Runaways' old bases in Los Angeles.
- Freddy was framed by victor and Jacob and their dog sausage.
- His victories against Victor Amadeus of Savoy at the Battle of Staffarda in 1690, and the Battle of Marsaglia in 1693, were amongst his greatest achievements, ( Victor Amadeus II later abandoned the Allied coalition and concluded peace with King Louis by signing the Treaty of Turin on 29 August 1696).
- Once the countdown clock reaches zero, the four contestants with the highest totals throughout the game keep all of their credited winnings and compete in a series of three elimination bouts; the fourth and third-place winners face off in a 400-second bout, the victor of the first bout faces the second-place winner (400 seconds), and the victor of the second bout faces the first-place winner (500 seconds).
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!