|ADJ || vindictive | more vindictive | most vindictive |
|SYNO ||despiteful | revengeful | spiteful | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Though sometimes ill-tempered, jealous, vindictive and inquisitive, she is also helpful and kind to Peter.
- In either 1828 or 1830, Godin's father was slain by Blackfoot Indians, leaving Antoine with a vindictive hatred for all Blackfeet and their allies.
- Charlotte, a new girl at Vendetta's school, arrives determined to make a friend. An "impossibly cheery" and tormentor of the morose and vindictive Vendetta, by insisting on befriending her.
- A vindictive living doll from a 1963 episode of the "Twilight Zone" is called Talky Tina.
- "Just you wait", he said in a vindictive tone, "till we get to Waterloo".
- Lilyan Tashman (October 23, 1896 – March 21, 1934) was an American actress. Tashman was best known for her supporting roles as tongue-in-cheek villainesses or playing the vindictive "other woman".
- A hideous, vindictive, spiteful couple known as the Twits live together in a brick house without windows. They continuously play nasty practical jokes on each other out of hatred for each other.
- As a demonologist he is able to summon dark unseen forces to carry out his vindictive commands.
- Reşat is a nervous and vindictive character. Whenever he feels he has been hard done by, he revenges in satirical plots.
- At first, it seems that they are successfully changing the way guys at school treat them. But Ms. Stark urges them to take ever more vindictive action and brutal revenge.
- She later claimed that her firing from the Pentagon at the end of the Clinton administration was vindictive, but the administration called it standard procedure for a political appointee.
- After she played the kind-hearted rape victim in "Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin?", Jana Roxas reappeared as the vindictive and socialite Charlene in "Ikaw Sana".
- Although the Khoi community leaders were found guilty, the trial was widely acknowledged to be a biased and vindictive political show-trial, and the sentences were repealed.
- Growing older he reportedly was stubborn, lazy and vindictive, always quick to threaten others with destruction. He also engaged in animal cruelty and poaching and was an avid reader of pulp novels.
- Burt's legacy today is mixed, seen as a vindictive old man, a generous benefactor of the city of Saginaw and a famously wealthy American entrepreneur.
- After the suicide takes place, he manages to trace the person and becomes vindictive and shoots the culprit point blank and surrenders to military court.
- In March 2012, she was cast alongside Chad Michael Murray in the ABC pilot "Scruples", as Harriet, a "powerful and vindictive magazine editor".
- Not all legends about Shubin depict him as the embodiment of good forces. Anthracite miners of the area claim that this ghost is vindictive and often plagues them with accidents in the mines.
- Alhomayed is widely criticised for publishing a series of vindictive articles about the State of Qatar between 2004 and 2008, a period that witnessed a disturbance in Saudi/Qatari official relations.
- Chelsea's lawyer is a shameless womanizer and unabashed sleazeball who's petty and vindictive, which makes him extremely proficient in his profession.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!