|ADJ || wary | warier | wariest |
|SYNO ||leery | mistrustful | suspicious | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- They are wary and noisy birds which will alert everything else with their loud piping call.
- Users were advised to reset passwords and be wary of phishing emails being received.
- Be reserved in speech and wary of transgressions.
- Generally wary of people in the forest or countryside, western jackdaws are much tamer in urban areas.
- Shikoku are typically brave but wary, and very alert to their environment. They should be sensitive without being nervous.
- The call of this widespread but wary bird is a loud, ringing "wic-wic-wic". Both sexes drum.
- Until the mid-1980s, most conservative groups of Mexican society were wary of Rock because of its load of rebellion and protest, so only artists who wrote mostly about love and used "acceptable" music forms usually tended to prosper.
- These are often active during the daytime (diurnal behavior) and are less wary of people.
- With at-will employment, employers must be wary of legal issues that could potentially arise from wrongful termination.
- Moss Hart was wary of tough audiences at the National Theatre. Nevertheless, Murdock conceded, the audience appreciated the performance.
- Egyptian Americans, particularly in the Arab-dominated areas of Michigan, had mixed views of the event with some wary of the Muslim Brotherhood, but also wary of usurping democratic rights following a 30-year dictatorship.
- , A famous World War II poster reminding Swedes to be wary of spies asking questions.
- Romney's wary instincts were still in force at times, and he was generally data-driven and averse to risk.
- Males may mud-puddle but are extremely wary if approached.
- According to local historian Jennette Rivers, the townspeople were wary of the relatively new technology for several reasons.
- In 1863, wary of French influence in Porto-Novo, colonial Lagos signed a treaty of cession with Badagry chiefs.
- "Terrifying Action and Suspense! I felt wary and fearful for 2 days after watching Hotel Hollywood... Mac Ferguson (Critic).
- The Eurasian curlew is generally wary. It is highly gregarious outside the breeding season.
- However, the landlord quickly accepts his new tenant and henceforth regards him with a wary respect; wary because of Philip's intelligence and smooth manners, and especially because Miss Jones finds herself attracted to the handsome sophisticate.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!