To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- But Magnay's actions have attracted harsh comments from male Australian counterparts, such as being told to "get home and wash the dishes" by former AFL footballer-turned-Triple M radio commentator Danny Frawley.
- At the same time, they will not skimp – they will prepare a sufficient amount of coffee, wash the dishes after each use and offer water to the guests.
- Stan and Ollie are ordered to wash the dishes by Ollie's wife (in the first film-title pun-gag, Stan pours too much liquid-detergent into the dishpan, causing the resulting washing-solution to be "much thicker than water") but Stan dries them and puts them back in the washbowl.
- The objective case is used for pronouns serving as the direct or indirect objects, such as "I told "him" to wash the dishes" or "The teacher gave "me" the homework assignment".
- On Christmas Day 1964, 13-year-old Li'l Bit helps Uncle Peck wash the dishes.
- A boy was hired to wash the dishes —the girls being considered too valuable for that commonplace work— and several pairs of overalls were purchased for him.
- Beryl storms off and goes to help wash the dishes in the kitchen with Geoffrey's nerdy friend.
- Male union members were frequently highly critical of Partido Feminista and their publication "Vindicación Feminista", telling these women they should go home and wash the dishes.
- ("Heritage of the River") and "Why Women Wash the Dishes" are being performed in the Ibanag language.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!