|NOUN || a wasp | wasps |
|SYNO ||WASP | white Anglo-Saxon Protestant|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- alcon" larvae are sought underground by the "Ichneumon eumerus" wasp.
- "Chrysura austriaca", also known as the Austrian cuckoo wasp, is a species of parasitic wasp within the family Chrysididae.
- "Chrysis fulgida", the ruby-tailed wasp, is a species of cuckoo wasp in the family Chrysididae.
- "Gnamptopelta obsidianator", the bent-shielded besieger wasp, is a species of wasp in the family Ichneumonidae.
- Parasitoids of the oak petiole gall wasp include the crypt-keeper wasp ("Euderus set").
- "Chalybion zimmermanni", known generally as the Zimmermann's mud wasp or blue mud dauber wasp, is a species of thread-waisted wasp in the family Sphecidae.
- "Euderus set", the crypt-keeper wasp, is a tiny chalcid wasp from the family Eulophidae from the United States, described in 2017 as a parasitoid of the gall wasp "Bassettia pallida", and the description of its life cycle attracted widespread publicity.
- "Pison spinolae", commonly known as mason wasp, is a solitary wasp of the family Crabronidae, found throughout New Zealand.
- "Symmorphus bifasciatus", the willow mason-wasp, is a species of potter wasp, from the subfamily Eumeninae of the social wasp family Vespidae which is widely distributed in the Palearctic region.
- Insects unique to Finland include a leafroller moth "Exapate bicuspidella", a grass-miner moth "Elachista saarelai", a braconid wasp "Phaenocarpa ungulosetosa", an ichneumon wasp "Fennomacrus koponeni", and a chalcidoid wasp "Anaphes crassipennis".
- "Crabro cribrarius", common name slender bodied digger wasp, is a species of wasp of the family Crabronidae.
- The main host species of this parasitic wasp is a potter wasp, "Hemipterochilus bembeciformis".
- "Cotesia rubecula" is a parasitoid wasp from the large wasp family Braconidae.
- "Lysibia nana" is a hyperparasitoid wasp that attacks the parasitoid wasp "Cotesia glomerata".
- "Homonotus sanguinolentus", the bloody spider-hunting wasp is a European species of Pompilid wasp.
- "Cryptocheilus bicolor" (orange spider wasp) is a large, strikingly coloured spider wasp from Australia.
- "Episyron quinquenotatus", the white-trimmed black wasp, is a North American species of pompilid spider hunting wasp.
- "Tiphia femorata", often known as a beetle-killing wasp or common tiphiid wasp, is a species of wasp belonging to the family Tiphiidae, subfamily Tiphiinae.
- " wasp (Braconidae), a species of "Benjaminia" wasp (Ichneumonidae), and a tachnid fly.
- "Scolia dubia", also known as the two-spotted scoliid wasp or a blue-winged scoliid wasp, is a [...] long wasp that ranges from New England to Florida and west to the Rocky Mountains in North America.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!