To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Common Mormon caterpillars are heavily parasitised by chalcidoid wasps, with over a hundred tiny wasps eventually emerging from each Mormon pupa.
- Research indicates the wasps use odor to identify and attack rival wasps from other colonies, and nest odor frequently changes.
- The Sphecidae are a cosmopolitan family of wasps of the suborder Apocrita that includes sand wasps, mud daubers, and other thread-waisted wasps.
- "Hylaeus nubilosus" prefers to nest in abandoned nests of mud-dauber wasps such as Sphecidae and potter wasps Eumeninae.
- "Gnamptopelta obsidianator" are large, long wasps. The wasps are around 30–40 millimeters.
- Ageniellini, known as the mud-nesting spider wasps, is a tribe of spider wasps in the subfamily Pepsinae.
- These wasps prefer to lay their eggs in nests of bembicine wasps, e.g. sand wasps and horse guard wasps.
- "Philonix" is a genus of oak gall wasps in the family Cynipidae.
- These wasps parasitizes other Polistes wasps of multiple species, especially "Polistes atrimandibularis". and they are parasitized by Strepsiptera species.
- "Pygodasis" is a New World genus of wasps in the family Scoliidae (scoliid wasps).
- Brood parasitism by mutillid wasps ("Sphinctopsis" sp.) have been documented in "Augochloropsis iris" nests.
- Karl-Johan Hedqvist (18 July 1917 – 27 December 2009) was a Swedish entomologist who focused on wasps (Hymenoptera), especially chalcid wasps and other parasitoid wasps.
- Despite common fears, wasps are actually beneficial to humans because wasps prey on many pest insects, either for food or as a host for its parasitic larvae.
- The wasps forage for sugary substances to feed to both larvae and adult wasps.
- Cynipini wasps can act as ecosystem engineers. Their galls can become hosts of inquilines, and the wasps themselves are hosts to parasitoids.
- "Anoplius" is a genus of spider wasps in the family Pompilidae, called the blue-black spider wasps.
- The Bethylidae are a family of aculeate wasps in the superfamily Chrysidoidea. As a family, their biology ranges between parasitoid wasps and hunting wasps.
- Wasps in the family Pompilidae are commonly called spider wasps, spider-hunting wasps, or pompilid wasps.
- Wasps, especially fig wasps are also beneficial as pollinators.
- evagoras" is frequently parasitized by species of wasps in different stages of development.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!