|NOUN || a white-backed woodpecker | white-backed woodpeckers |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- Examples of these are western marsh harrier, Eurasian bittern, white-backed woodpecker, red-backed shrike, ortolan bunting and black woodpecker.
- The white-backed woodpecker ("Dendrocopos leucotos") is a Eurasian woodpecker belonging to the genus "Dendrocopos".
- Protected fauna species include white-backed woodpecker ("Picoides leucotos"), middle spotted woodpecker ("Leiopicus medius"), Ural owl (" Strix uralensis"), Eurasian pygmy owl ("Glaucidium passerinum").
- The park has a national responsibility for rearing and reintroduction of the white-backed woodpecker, peregrine falcon, green toad, lesser white-fronted goose, and several species of beetle.
- Some of the protected animals are white-backed woodpecker, black woodpecker, Orpheus warbler, and small olive tree Warbler.
- Forest areas are rich with woodpeckers, the rarest among them being the white-backed woodpecker and middle spotted woodpecker.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!