To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The white-cheeked pintail feeds on aquatic plants (such as "Ruppia"), grass seeds, algae obtained by dabbling. The nest is on the ground under vegetation and near water.
- The black-bellied tern ("Sterna acuticauda") and the white-cheeked tern ("Sterna repressa") might also be placed in "Chlidonias".
- In addition to flamingos and the bachelor sea lion colony, pelicans, white-cheeked pintails, boobies, and nine species of finch have been reported.
- The mammals of the park are not well known, though historically it held important species such as the Asian elephant, white-cheeked gibbon and red-shanked douc langur.
- It housed some big cats and white-cheeked gibbons.
- Both species have white-cheeked black heads and thick bills.
- Perhaps its most notable residents are a family of white-cheeked gibbons that have a spacious room inside as well as an outdoor habitat for playing in the warm winter months.
- Alternate names for this species include: chestnut-backed finch-lark and white-cheeked sparrow-lark.
- There are currently four different species of gibbon living here, including northern white-cheeked gibbons, pileated gibbons, siamangs and agile gibbons.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!