To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- This is presumed to be the reason behind the decline of the critically endangered white-eyed river martin, a species that is only known from a few specimens collected in Thailand.
- The greater kestrel ("Falco rupicoloides") or white-eyed kestrel, is a bird of prey belonging to the falcon family Falconidae.
- A study of power lines in Rajasthan in 2011 found white-eyed buzzards to be the second most common raptor killed by electrocution after kestrels.
- even closely related birds such as the red-eyed and white-eyed vireos differ by 2.9%.
- An endemic subspecies is the Bermuda white-eyed vireo or chick-of-the-village ("Vireo griseus bermudianus").
- The white-eyed river martin was discovered as recently as 1969 and is only known from specimens and anecdotal evidence – no modern ornithologists have seen the species in the wild, and its breeding grounds are unknown.
- Knowing this, the geneticist may perform a complementation test on two separately obtained strains of pure-breeding white-eyed flies.
- In the culture of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) in Taiwan, such as "Lineage", griefers are known as "white-eyed"—a metaphor meaning that their eyes have no pupils and so they look without seeing.
- In Russian folk legends, the Chudes were described as exalted and beautiful. One characteristic of the Chudes was 'white-eyed', which means lightly colored eyes.
- Johnson was featured extensively in the early work of cartoonist Drew Friedman, where Johnson was depicted as "Tor", a slow-witted, white-eyed lummox based on Johnson's persona in Ed Wood's films.
- Thomas Hunt Morgan used radium to induce changes resulting in white-eyed fruit flies.
- Thomas Hunt Morgan later showed that a new white-eye mutation in Drosophila melanogaster was also sex-linked.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!