|NOUN || a Komodo dragon | Komodo dragons |
|SYNO ||dragon lizard | giant lizard | Komodo dragon | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The west coast of Flores is one of the few places, aside from the island of Komodo itself, where the Komodo dragon can be found in the wild, and is part of Komodo National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Others have speculated that instead of social groups, at least some of these finds represent Komodo dragon-like mobbing of carcasses, where aggressive competition leads to some of the predators being killed and cannibalized.
- London Zoo's Komodo dragon enclosure was opened by Sir David Attenborough in July 2004.
- On the islands of Komodo, Rinca and Flores, the boar's main predator is the Komodo dragon ("Varanus komodoensis").
- During the Pleistocene epoch, Timor was the abode of extinct giant monitor lizards similar to the Komodo dragon.
- Others researchers have speculated that instead of large theropod social groups, some of these finds represent behavior more akin to Komodo dragon-like mobbing of carcasses, even going as far as to say true pack-hunting behavior may not exist in any non-avian dinosaurs due to its rarity in modern predators.
- Megalania is thought to have had a similar ecology to the living Komodo dragon ("Varanus komodoensis").
- Today, the largest species that has been documented reproducing parthenogenically is the Komodo dragon at 10 feet long and over 300 pounds.
- In 2004, the zoo added a Komodo dragon named Precious.
- Some monitor lizards, including the Komodo dragon, are capable of parthenogenesis.
- The children's zoo is under renovation along with the Komodo dragon and hummingbird exhibits.
- Lizards range in size from chameleons and geckos a few centimeters long to the 3-meter-long Komodo dragon.
- The Komodo dragon was the driving factor for an expedition to Komodo Island by W.
© dict.cc Slovak-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!