|SYNO ||future | future tense|
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Cayce's memories of the September 11, 2001 attacks, which briefly use the future tense, something that may have been influenced by Gibson coming to terms with the loss of his own father.
- The second sentence is in the future tense ("will"), but a past participle is used for the perfect aspect ("have cleaned").
- Subsequent philosophers have said that there is an apparent absurdity in asserting a first-person "future-tense" sentence such as "It will be raining, and I will believe that it is not raining."
- However, in modern Hebrew, the future tense is often used in its place in colloquial speech, and the proper imperative form is considered formal or of higher register.
- Another way to think of the various future tenses is that actions described by the future tense will be completed at an unspecified time in the future, actions described by the future continuous tense will keep happening in the future, actions described by the future perfect tense will be completed at a specific time in the future, and actions described by the future perfect continuous tense are expected to be continuing as of a specific time in the future.
- The presentation appears to have been planned as an integrated whole, with cross-references throughout, including references to subsequent books in the future tense.
- Notice that Finnish has no native future tense, so that the partitive provides an important reference to the present as opposed to the future.
- The neutral aspect comprises the three simple tenses and the future tense.
- if made in the future tense ("I will marry you"), it would constitute a betrothal.
- The future tense in the 3rd and 4th conjugation ("-am, -ēs, -et" etc.) differs from that in the 1st and 2nd conjugation ("-bō, -bis, -bit" etc.).
- Another common cause of grammatical change is the gradual petrification of idioms into new grammatical forms, for example, the way the English "going to" construction lost its aspect of movement and in some varieties of English has almost become a full-fledged future tense (e.g. ...
- He had a guest role in an episode of "Burn Notice", "Past & Future Tense" (2010).
- For example, in English "(I'll give it to you) when I see you" the verb "see" is in the present tense despite the time being in the future; in Esperanto, future tense is required: "(Mi donos ĝin al vi) kiam mi vidos vin".
© dict.cc Slovak-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!