To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Thirty-eight species are threatened with extinction as a result of human activities. Antbirds are not targeted by either hunters or the pet trade. The principal threat is habitat loss, which causes habitat fragmentation and increased nest predation in habitat fragments.
- The specific habitat occupied by the species is vulnerable to beachfront habitat alteration activities including beach renourishment projects and dredge-and-fill operations, both of which increase sedimentation and water turbidity and cover necessary habitat.
- The concept stems from the idea that organisms that are actively selecting habitat must rely on environmental cues to help them identify high-quality habitat. If either the habitat quality or the cue changes so that one does not reliably indicate the other, organisms may be lured into poor-quality habitat.
- Genetic erosion gets compounded and accelerated by habitat loss and habitat fragmentation – many endangered species are threatened by habitat loss and (fragmentation) habitat. Fragmented habitat create barriers in gene flow between populations.
- This species is endemic to the United States. Its natural habitat is rivers. It is threatened by habitat loss. The species natural habitat is in Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia (U.S. state).
- It inhabited habitat freshwater springs and was threatened by habitat loss.
- 2019: Temple of the Tiny Monkeys, a new squirrel monkey habitat, opened in April. Jaguar habitat improved.
- While the above-mentioned activities are the proximal or direct causes of habitat destruction in that they actually destroy habitat, this still does not identify why humans destroy habitat. The forces that cause humans to destroy habitat are known as "drivers" of habitat destruction. Demographic, economic, sociopolitical, scientific and technological, and cultural drivers all contribute to habitat destruction.
- A total of 136 marine habitat types have been identified. These include 37 coastal habitat types, 17 inshore habitat types in the 5 to 30 m depth range, 62 offshore benthic habitat types deeper than 30 m, and 16 offshore pelagic habitat types, three types of island and one type of lagoon.
- The deep forests offer habitat for black bear, salamanders, trout, and other species dependent on this habitat.
- Sea slugs are not currently listed on the endangered species list, however, it is their habitat that is vulnerable. Environments such as coral reefs are under threat by things such as pollution, habitat destruction and habitat loss.
- Habitat is also being lost to development and to agricultural operations, particularly citrus groves. Habitat fragmentation has occurred. However, the species likely always been sparse in widespread populations, even before human interference in the habitat, and conservation of remaining habitat fragments will probably be enough to maintain it. Prescribed burns should be part of this conservation plan.
- Habitat evaluation study shows that the Myanmar or black snub-nosed monkeys' habitat are covering 3670 km2 in Sino-Myanmar border, including core habitat of 1420 km2 .
- The southern valley includes a habitat nature reserve for the Desert Bighorn Sheep, named the 'Highland Range Crucial Bighorn Habitat'. There are no public access routes into the habitat area, to protect the Bighorn.
- Its habitat includes moist areas such as mountain meadows and habitat with disturbed soil.
- Ideal free isodars predict that a species density in habitat A will increase linearly with its density in habitat B so that each individual in the species has the same fitness. If habitat A has higher quality resources than habitat B, then proportionately more individuals would be in habitat A then in habitat B. This can be shown on either a Fitness-Density graph (Figure 1) or a graph of density in two habitats (Figure 2).
- "Sanguirana igorota" occurs in cool streams and rivers in montane rainforest at elevations of [...] above sea level ([...] in other sources). It can be fairly abundant in suitable habitat and tolerates some habitat disturbance. Presumably, breeding takes place in streams; the eggs are laid in water. It is threatened by habitat loss (deforestation) caused by habitat conversion to agriculture or real estate.
- "Choerophryne gunnari" is a poorly known species. It has been found in foothill rainforest and undisturbed forest at elevations of [...] above sea level. It can be quite common in undisturbed habitat but does not seem to tolerate habitat modification. Logging is a threat to its habitat, although there should still be plenty of suitable habitat available.
© dict.cc Slovak-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!