|NOUN || nihilism | - |
|SYNO ||nihilism | nihilistic delusion|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Carr's "The Banalization of Nihilism" (pp. 17–18) in contrast to several other types of nihilism, especially epistemological nihilism.
- In philosophy, mereological nihilism (also called compositional nihilism) is the metaphysical thesis that there are no objects with proper parts.
- Xi has spoken out against "historical nihilism", meaning historical viewpoints that challenge the official line of the CCP.
- Geiger's Value Nihilism refers to his advocacy for the illegitimacy of social norms made by moral claims.
- She is known for her works on nihilism and philosophy of religion.
- Mereological nihilism is an extreme eliminative position.
- Martin Heidegger's interpretation of Nietzsche influenced many postmodern thinkers who investigated the problem of nihilism as put forward by Nietzsche.
- Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi eventually published his famous open letter to Fichte, which saw the first use of the word nihilism and in which he equated philosophy in general and Fichte's transcendental philosophy in particular with "nihilism".
- Cynicism is often confused with pessimism or nihilism, perhaps due to its distrust in others.
- While there are several derivative examples of the paradox of nihilism, they generally fall on the lines that nihilism itself has drawn to demarcate different sections of the philosophy.
© dict.cc Slovak-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!