|NOUN || nitrogen | - |
|SYNO ||atomic number 7 | N | nitrogen|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- "Aphanizomenon are a special type of cyanobacteria called heterocysts," which are capable of producing biologically useful nitrogen (ammonium) by the process of nitrogen fixation from atmospheric nitrogen.
- "Bradyrhizobium" is a genus of Gram-negative soil bacteria, many of which fix nitrogen.
- Nitrogen gas is completely non-toxic, but breathing in pure nitrogen gas is deadly, because it causes nitrogen asphyxiation.
- Fens play an important role in the global nitrogen cycle due to the anaerobic conditions found in their soils, which facilitate the oxidation or reduction of one form of nitrogen to another.
- Nitrogen-14 is one of two stable (non-radioactive) isotopes of the chemical element nitrogen, which makes about 99.636% of natural nitrogen.
- Other aromatic nitrogen heterocycles are pyridines with one ring nitrogen atom, diazines with 2 nitrogen atoms in the ring, triazoles with 3 nitrogens in a 5 membered ring, and tetrazines with 4 ring nitrogen atoms.
- Decreases in biodiversity can also result if higher nitrogen availability increases nitrogen-demanding grasses, causing a degradation of nitrogen-poor, species-diverse heathlands.
- Heterocysts are specialized nitrogen-fixing cells formed during nitrogen starvation by some filamentous cyanobacteria, such as "Nostoc punctiforme", "Cylindrospermum stagnale", and "Anabaena sphaerica".
- Archaea recycle elements such as carbon, nitrogen, and sulfur through their various habitats.
- Note that molar concentrations of urea and urea nitrogen are equal, because both nitrogen gas and urea has two nitrogen atoms.
- "Kummerowia striata" is a natural nitrogen fixer, meaning it fixes atmospheric nitrogen out of the air and converts it to plant available nitrogen.
- Nitrogen is essential for algal growth. Within a cell, nitrogen is involved in synthesizing amino acids, nucleic acids, chlorophyll, and other nitrogen-containing organic compounds.
© dict.cc Slovak-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!