|NOUN || a zygomatic bone | zygomatic bones |
|SYNO ||cheekbone | jugal bone | malar | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The jugal is a skull bone found in most reptiles, amphibians, and birds. In mammals, the jugal is often called the zygomatic bone or malar bone.
- Huf sustained injury to his thumb, jaw and zygomatic bone.
- The lateral angles are attached to the zygomatic bone by the lateral palpebral raphe.
- dicei" (Dice's cottontail) in that it has a larger skull, wider zygomatic bone, deeper rostrum, wider carotid foramina and dorsal extensions of the premaxillaries that extend posterior to the nasal instead.
- This species also possessed a robust zygomatic bone and a pronounced snout.
- It is a broad sheet, the origin of which extends from the side of the nose to the zygomatic bone.
- The zygomaticus major muscle originates from the upper margin of the temporal process, part of the lateral surface of the zygomatic bone.
- The bones involved in shaping the face are mainly the maxilla, mandible, nasal bone and zygomatic bone.
- Found in the body of the maxilla, this sinus has three recesses: an alveolar recess pointed inferiorly, bounded by the alveolar process of the maxilla; a zygomatic recess pointed laterally, bounded by the zygomatic bone; and an infraorbital recess pointed superiorly, bounded by the inferior orbital surface of the maxilla.
- The term "zygomatic" derives from the Ancient Greek [...] , "zygoma", meaning "yoke". The zygomatic bone is occasionally referred to as the zygoma, but this term may also refer to the zygomatic arch.
© dict.cc Slovak-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!