|ADJ || austere | austerer / more austere | austerest / most austere |
|SYNO ||ascetic | ascetical | austere | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Wittgenstein himself found the house too austere, saying it had good manners, but no primordial life or health.
- Furniture of the period was typically large and austere.
- "Cisternino di città" is an austere neoclassical design which was approved in 1837 and completed in 1848.
- Laws was austere and uncomfortable with speaking in public, but immensely energetic.
- The shop facade is known for its simplicity and austere appearance, in stark contrast to other premium department stores.
- Finlay's work has been seen as austere, but also at times witty, or even darkly whimsical.
- Beautifully photographed by Giuseppe Rotunno, this austere, deeply felt masterwork has been acclaimed as one of Zurlini's greatest achievements.
- Viewed as a period design ensemble, it is a handsome if austere complex.
- The austere screenplay is based on a Roger Vailland novel.
- Joe Leydon of "Variety" called the film an "austere and stripped-to-essentials indie".
- Its general tone is dissonant and austere, but with strong character delineation in each variation.
- They are austere and neoclassical, reminiscent of the Louis XVI style.
- Cars were very simply cast, and rather austere. They had neither windows nor interiors, whether plastic or metal.
- After living very gallantly as a young man, he later turned to the austere life of the Jansenists.
- It is built in an austere postcolonial style, with a steeple, nave and chapel of souls.
- The austere interior spaces include simple granite walls with ceilings and floors in wood.
- The work has been described as austere, even severe, avoiding conventional lyricism.
- They lived an austere life, and were joined by disciples. Their names appear in the "Martyrologium Romanum".
- The buildings have an austere beauty, a mixture of Hindu and Islamic styles.
© dict.cc Albanian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!