|ADJ || awkward | awkwarder / more awkward | awkwardest / most awkward |
|SYNO ||awkward | bunglesome | clumsy | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The faux pas test is a series of vignettes recounting a social occasion during which someone said something that should not have been said, or an awkward occurrence.
- During a parliamentary committee meeting to debate the building of the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, George Stephenson was asked if it would not be awkward should a train hit a cow.
- Professor Stephen George states in his 1990 book "An Awkward Partner: Britain in the European Community" that the UK is an "awkward partner" within the European Union, emphasising that although the UK is not the only EU member state to oppose further EU integration, it is less enthusiastic than most other members.
- The show highlights awkward silences and pregnant pauses.
- Historically known for slaying their awkward enemies: germans, english, swedish etc.
- He is the author of "Awkward: The Science of Why We’re Socially Awkward and Why That’s Awesome" (2017), in which he explains why some of the same characteristics that make people feel socially awkward can be the same traits that propel them toward extraordinary achievements.
- La Touche was in an awkward position.
- When the body deviates significantly from the neutral position while doing work related activities. Awkward postures reduce work efficiency due to the unnecessary reach or stretch of the body neutral position.
- In 2016 Scope launched their third year of "End The Awkward" where they introduced their H.I.D.E.
- Awkward Moment at Work was released in 2015 and focuses on awkward workplace situations.
- Lenny is a passive and socially awkward person who gets pushed around by his coworkers and people he tickets.
- Demetriou made her television debut in the CBBC sitcom "So Awkward" playing Lily Hampton.
- In 2011, she reported facing an awkward harassment situation from a senior politician.
- He inherited an awkward problem of land allocation.
- Various media reported awkward incidents related to automatic posting and account hacking.
- Awkward strokes are undesirable because they slow down typing, increase typing errors, and increase finger strain.
- Awkward Moment – the game puts 3–8 players in awkward social situations.
- Against: Limited engine choice, poor quality interior, awkward looks.
© dict.cc Albanian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!