To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Arulappa recollected that on 12 December 1971, he received a letter from the Apostolic Nunciature stating that he had been nominated as the archbishop of Hyderabad and all that he could do was just kneel down and pray like never before.
- Dallas took over and ran out the clock with a Romo kneel down.
- He said about Nato Vachnadze "Your beauty evokes a desire us to kneel down before you!
- He put to rest a custom that demands subjects kneel down and pour dust on their heads in obeisance to him.
- This prompted a retaliation by running back Emmitt Smith with a famous "Defend the Star" kneel-down celebration of his own on the star.
- The last second win propelled the Eagles into the playoffs and prompted the NFL to adopt the "kneel down" play, otherwise known as the "victory formation" to end games.
- One of those games was a token appearance to do a kneel down during the Rams 41-17 blow out win against the Buffalo Bills, a team his father starred for and won a championship with back during the days of the American Football League in the 1960s.
- The decision came when he chose a running play rather than a kneel down with Baylor leading and possessing the ball in the game's final 12 seconds and their opponent, the UNLV Rebels, was out of time outs.
- Whitehurst also hyperextended his left knee late in the fourth quarter but returned for the final play of the game, which was a kneel down.
- Yi Ji replied: "I just need to kneel down and pay my respects and then stand up.
- A team can also lose a game in a kneel-down situation due to mismanagement or miscalculating the time.
- With UNLV out of timeouts, only a kneel down was necessary.
- Because of the narrow-bore tunnel, the driver needed to be of short stature and even then he had to kneel down to pass through the tunnel.
- Although the ferry lift may be installed on some buses, the Kneel Down facility is more common on public transport buses.
- Before learning any skills or knowledge, students or apprentices had to kneel down and bow toward their teachers to show appreciation.
- After the topic has been delivered, brethren kneel down for closing prayers followed by a doxology and "basbas" (blessing).
- Susanna takes off Cherubino's cloak, and she begins to comb his hair and teach him to behave and walk like a woman (aria of Susanna: "Venite, inginocchiatevi" – "Come, kneel down before me").
- The woman must kneel down before the man and the man must slow his pace.
- Many were forced to kneel down over the bodies of those who had already been killed.
© dict.cc Albanian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!