|NOUN || a knit | knits |
|VERB || to knit | knit / knitted | knit / knitted|
knitting | knits
|SYNO ||knit | knit stitch | knitting | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- In 2007 the Rowan Knitting clubs spearheaded Knit in Public Day encouraging knitters all around the UK to knit hats for innocent Drinks Smoothie bottles to raise money for Age Concern in the Big Knit.
- There are two basic varieties of knit fabric: weft-knit and warp-knit fabric. Warp-knitted fabrics such as tricot and milanese are resistant to runs, and are commonly used in lingerie.
- Ribbing is notated by (number of knit stitches) × (number of purl stitches). Thus, 1×1 ribbing has one knit stitch, followed by one purl stitch, followed by one knit stitch, and so on.
- Knitting entrelac requires only the knit and purl stitches, an ability to "k2tog" and "p2tog" (knit or purl two stitches together) and to pick up stitches.
- EPS was central to Zimmermann's mandate that knitters think for themselves, knit without patterns, make independent design decisions, and improvise as they knit, elevating their skills and work to that of a true craft.
- Piqué knit is a double knit that forms a structure with pronounced wales. The knit type is possible with warp and weft, both knitting techniques. The texture is used in polo shirts.
- At one point the comic gave away a free knitting pattern so readers could knit their own (or get their mums to knit one for them).
- "Flat-knit" slouch socks have no elastic and have a "two-by-two" knitting pattern.
- The "Knit Counter Lite", "Knit Counter" and "Knit Row Counter" are applications downloadable for iTunes which can be used on iPhone.
- The company prospered for the next 65 years knitting socks, headwear, and other knit products.
- Learning to knit sweaters and other items was - and remains - a family process. Children often start by helping out with wool processing, and begin to knit mitts and socks around the age of ten.
- In the past some people have used this event as a means to show the general public that "not only grannies knit".
- It consists of three parts - a center section, a border and an edge, which is knit separately and sewn to the border.
- Seed stitch is the most basic form of a basketweave pattern; knit and purl stitches alternate in every column ("wale") "and" every row ("course").
- Or it can be a double knitted jersey (interlock jersey), with less stretch, that creates a heavier fabric of two single jerseys knitted together to leave the two flat sides on the outsides of the fabric, with the piles in the middle.
© dict.cc Albanian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!