|NOUN1 || a knitting | knittings |
|NOUN2 || knitting [craft, activity] | - |
|VERB || to knit | knit / knitted | knit / knitted|
knitting | knits
|SYNO ||knit | knitting | knitwork|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The UK Hand Knitting Association is dedicated to promoting the craft of hand knitting.
- Fully fashioned knitting machines are those warp knitting knitting machines which can shape a fabric by adding and reducing stitches. This method of shaping improves the fit of an article.
- Picking up stitches is commonly done in knitting garments, e.g. in knitting the collar or sleeves, and is essential for entrelac knitting.
- Domestic knitting machines use the "weft" knitting method which produces a fabric similar to hand knitting.
- Other knitting styles include English knitting (aka "right-hand" knitting) and Combined knitting.
- Lewis was also an author of knitting books, and contributor to knitting magazines, including "A Machine Knitter’s Guide To Creating Fabrics" (with Julia Weissman), considered foundational to the craft, and "Knitting lace".
- Herbert Niebling (December 20, 1903 – May 15, 1966) was a master designer of the style of lace knitting called "Kunststricken" (art-knitting).
- Crocheting differs largely from knitting in that there is only one loop, not the multitude as knitting has. Also, instead of knitting needles, a crochet hook is used.
© dict.cc Albanian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!