|NOUN || a nickname | nicknames |
|VERB || to nickname | nicknamed | nicknamed|
nicknaming | nicknames
|SYNO ||byname | cognomen | moniker | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- He earned the nickname Aki while in MLB. His nickname is Gan-chan in NPB.
- Sifferman goes by the nickname "Jungle Boy" as replay official, a nickname discovered when Hochuli accidentally turned on his microphone to the crowd during a game.
- The interchange's nickname comes from that of Gravelly Hill Junction in Birmingham, UK, which opened in 1972 and was given the nickname "Spaghetti Junction".
- The nickname Estádio Boca do Jacaré means "Alligator's Mouth Stadium", and is a reference to Brasiliense Futebol Clube's nickname.
- John's nickname and mascot have had a controversial history.
- Fat City is also an old nickname for Stockton, California, where the novel and film are set. The nickname preceded Gardner's novel.
- The school's athletic nickname is the Patriots. Originally the nickname was the Braves.
- Nutmegger is a nickname for people from the US state of Connecticut.
- Ignacio Jordà González was born in Mataró (Barcelona) in Catalonia, Spain. His nickname, Nacho, is the common nickname for Ignacio.
- Morono earlier had the nickname of 'Baby Fedor' before he got 'The Great White' nickname after a sparring session.
- The traditional nickname of the Portsmouth Football Club is "Pompey", a nickname already long associated with the English city of Portsmouth and its Royal Navy base.
- Phyllis earned the nickname of "the dragon", a nickname also shared by her aunt Etta Lemon.
- Heron's nickname was "Tilly" which was short for Matilda. She sometimes referred to herself by this nickname.
- His former trainer, Carlos Jesus Penate Torres from Cuba give his nickname "Cino" ("Chino" in Spanish). Since then he is always known by the nickname.
- Ned tries to create a cool nickname for himself after he is given the embarrassing nickname "Wedgepicker"; Moze tries to get rid of her "Moze" nickname and just be "Jennifer"; Cookie creates a nickname generator, which Loomer uses to pick on people.
- The school sport's nickname is the Gents; the women's sports' nickname is the Ladies.
- The Prison Bar nickname first originated from fans of rival football clubs, in particular those of [...].
© dict.cc Serbian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!