|ADJ || non-alcoholic | more non-alcoholic | most non-alcoholic |
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Kvass is a fermented cereal-based non-alcoholic beverage with a slightly cloudy appearance, light-brown colour and sweet-sour taste. It may be flavoured with berries, fruits, herbs, or honey.
- Unleavened bread and unfermented (non-alcoholic) grape juice is used.
- Some non-alcoholic beverages contain chocolate, such as chocolate milk, hot chocolate, chocolate milkshakes and tejate.
- Many Buddhist restaurants also serve vegetarian, vegan, non-alcoholic or allium-free dishes.
- Kofola is a non-alcoholic domestic cola soft drink which competes with Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
- By the late 1940s, milk bars had evolved to not only sell groceries, but were also places where young people could buy ready-made food and non-alcoholic drinks, and could socialise.
- Food may range from a non-alcoholic drink with wedding cake to elaborate, multi-course dinners.
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is projected to become the top reason for liver transplantation in the United States by 2020, supplanting chronic liver disease due to hepatitis C.
- It has also been shown that non-alcoholic extracts of Cabernet Sauvignon protect hypertensive rats during ischaemia and reperfusion.
- While production has stopped, the vineyards continue to exist and their product has been diverted to non-alcoholic purposes.
- A "virgin screwdriver" is a mocktail (non-alcoholic variation), usually made with orange juice and tonic water.
- As in the rest of the former Yugoslavia, coffee drinking is an important cultural and social practice and Serbian coffee (a local variant of Turkish coffee) is the most commonly consumed non-alcoholic beverage in Serbia.
- In the United States, soft drinks (as well as other products such as non-alcoholic beer) are allowed by law to contain up to 0.5% alcohol by volume.
- Russia's national non-alcoholic drink is kvass, and the national alcoholic drink is vodka; its creation in the nation dates back to the 14th century.
- For example, a small alcoholic drink or a cup of warm milk can supposedly promote a good night's sleep.
- Low-alcohol beer is beer with little or no alcohol content and aims to reproduce the taste of beer while eliminating (or at least reducing) the inebriating effects of standard alcoholic brews.
© dict.cc Serbian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!