|ADJ || wanted | more wanted | most wanted |
|VERB || to want | wanted | wanted|
wanting | wants
|SYNO ||cherished | precious | treasured | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- In 2018, a poll by Pew Research found that a majority (58%) wanted fewer immigrants to be allowed into the country, 30% wanted to keep the current level and 10% wanted to increase immigration.
- There were also disputes between employees, who wanted voters to cast their ballots at their places of work, and local government officials, who wanted them to vote near their homes, as each wanted to ensure they met their responsibility to achieve their quota of Golkar votes.
- The United States Secret Service Most Wanted Fugitives is a list compiled by the agency of the most wanted fugitives, with a focus on those wanted for fraud and identity theft.
- When he displays his dribbling skills to the club during their recruitment drive, the team quickly wanted to recruit him.
- Tito Caluag, who was Yan's spiritual adviser before his death, disclosed that Yan wanted to become president.
- Gent had wanted to extend his contract but the Norwegian wanted to move.
- Huston battled with HHL, the production company financing the film, because HHL wanted a more commercial and less controversial film, while Huston wanted to make a statement about racism in America.
- When possible, Tati cast nonprofessionals. He wanted people whose inner essence matched their characters and who could move in the way he wanted.
- Since Schlieffen wanted to focus mostly on trance music, while Deylen wanted a more eclectic electronica, the duo split after their second album "Weltreise".
- 6% of the population wanted greater autonomy for Aragon, while 35.2% were satisfied with its current level of autonomy.
- In 2012, a Juggalo gang member, who was wanted for violating probation, was placed on New Mexico's most wanted list.
- The Unitarians wanted a centralized form of government while the Federalists, with whom Aráoz sided, wanted greater local autonomy.
- He wanted to construct Krishna Idol. But he did not get it the way he wanted.
- Mug shots have often been incorporated into wanted posters, including those for the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
- The British dominions wanted their reward for their sacrifice.
© dict.cc Serbian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!