|ADJ || wavy | wavier | waviest |
|SYNO ||crinkled | crinkly | rippled | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Wavy hair-grass, "Deschampsia flexuosa", has wiry leaves and delicate, shaking panicles formed of silvery or purplish-brown flower heads on wavy, hair-like stalks.
- Blazon: Per bend left wavy. Dexter azure, a Viking ship emerging or with a dragon's head langued sable pheony. Sinister argent, two pales wavy azure per bend left.
- The municipality's arms might in English heraldic language be described thus: A bend sinister wavy abased azure charged with seven mullets of four Or and conjoined by a bendlet sinister wavy argent, the whole between Or and gules.
- The bend sinister wavy (diagonal wavy stripe) and the ryegrass tussock are both canting charges chosen for their allusion to the municipality's name (see above under Name).
- The “pale wavy” (wavy vertical stripe) is a canting charge for the placename's ending, "—bach", which means “brook”.
- , and in semi-arid climatic conditions gives a distinctive wavy grain margin.
- The community's arms might be described thus: A pallet wavy per pallet wavy argent and azure, dexter gules a glass of the last, sinister a castle with three towers embattled gules.
- The blazon of the municipal coat of arms is "Or on a Bend wavy Azure three Fishes Argent". The wavy blue line represents the Limpach river.
- The species's epithet "undatus" in Latin means "wavy" from "unda" "wave", referring to the wavy edges of its branches' ribs.
- Officers in the regular navy wore straight stripes on their uniform sleeves while RCNVR officers had wavy stripes, giving rise to the nickname “Wavy Navy”.
- Gules, a fess nebuly counter wavy Argent a barrulet wavy Azure, on a pile Sable fimbriated of the second, between in base 4 arrowheads points down palewise of the same, another of the like below a stylized figure of a parachutist Or.
- One special example of a named roundel is the fountain, depicted as "a roundel barry wavy argent and azure", that is, containing alternating horizontal wavy bands of blue and silver (or white).
- Arkell used the term "wavy line" to cover a broad range of decorating motifs, including incised wavy lines, which are more cohesive, and dotted wavy lines, which are wavy lines made of small dots.
- Facade compositions include loggias and balconies highlighted with wavy ornamented pilasters.
- If mud and sand deposits are equal, wavy bedding is produced.
- The first coat of arms of Sweden from the 13th century featured a golden lion on a background of wavy blue and white diagonal lines (in blazons, "bendy wavy Argent and azure, a lion Or").
- The arms were : "Or, on a pale wavy Azure, between two oranges stalked proper, four wavy endorses Argent; a pointe ente Gules charged with a cluster of three cones of the Clanwilliam cedar Or".
© dict.cc Serbian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!