|NOUN || a way | ways |
|SYNO ||agency | direction | elbow room | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Malkin is best known for producing and directing the iconic Long Way Round (2004), Long Way Down (2007) and Long Way Up (2020) featuring Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor.
- A triumphal procession along this sacred way left the Appian Way at Ariccia and climbed up 450 m to the hillside. More than 5 km of this way is well preserved through the woods.
- A "three-way switch" is used to split a railroad track into three divergent paths rather than the more usual two.
- Four trains per day each way call at the station Mon-Sat, with two each way on summer Sundays and a single service each way on Sundays in winter.
- CF ventured into regional trucking in 1983 with its Con-Way carriers.
- Nearby are three national rights of way: Vanguard Way, Pilgrims' Way and Greensand Way, the latter two along the hill ranges the North Downs and the Greensand Ridge.
- At the Hot Chips 19 conference, Sun announced that Victoria Falls will be in two-way and four-way servers. Thus, a single 4-way SMP server will support 256 concurrent hardware threads.
- Air-operated valves may be 2-way, 3-way and 4-way.
- Each year the Lincoln-Way district continues to grow, gaining an average of 250 students per annum.
- Gleichenhaus was unsure Lum's cooks could duplicate his masterpiece, saying: “Those yo-yos are looking for a short way to make my burgers, but there’s no way other than the right way".
- Bachhwara Junction Rail Way Station, Fateha Rail Way Station are the very nearby railway stations to Naipur.
- A permanent two-way radio station, allowing two-way radio wireless communication with patrol cars, was established to replace the temporary one-way system in use since 1935.
- There are two types of catalytic converter, a two-way and a three-way converter.
- At Ilkley the Dales Way connects with the Ebor Way.
- A 3-way lamp, also known as a tri-light, is a lamp that uses a 3-way light bulb to produce three levels of light in a "low-medium-high" configuration.
- The Jurassic Way runs from Banbury to Stamford. The Hereward Way runs through the town from Rutland to the Peddars Way in Norfolk, along the Roman Ermine Street and then the River Nene.
- The "permanent way" is so called because "temporary way" tracks were often used in the construction of that permanent way.
© dict.cc Serbian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!