|NOUN || a washing machine | washing machines |
|SYNO ||automatic washer | washer | washing machine|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- A washing machine (laundry machine, clothes washer, washer, or simply wash) is a home appliance used to wash laundry.
- For example, the laundry symbols used in the United Kingdom follow the recommendations of ISO 3758:2005 showing the temperature of the washing machine water in degrees Celsius only.
- wide, which is large enough to accommodate a standard-sized, North American washing machine or clothes dryer with enough extra room for an appliance dolly.
- Before the advent of the washing machine, laundry was often done in a communal setting.
- Newton is home to one of America's first business aircraft. The aircraft was a Travel Air 6000 owned by Harry Ogg, owner of the Automatic Washing Machine Company and was named "Smiling Thru".
- After the war, Dirksen invested money in an electric washing machine business, but it failed, after which he joined his brothers in running the Dirksen Brothers Bakery.
- A classic example of open loop control is a washing machine that runs through a pre-determined cycle without the use of sensors.
- A clothes dryer is a household appliance that is used to remove moisture from a load of clothing and other textiles, generally shortly after they are cleaned in a washing machine.
- This is done by moving the beet around in washing and scrubbing tanks not unlike a washing machine.
- Another, albeit less common offense, is the "motion c", sometimes nicknamed "washing machine offence", in which two "weak-side" (to the right of the goal for right-handed players) perimeter players set up as a wing and a flat.
- The Stamford based YouTube personality and inventor Colin Furze created a 14 metres high trebuchet capable of throwing a washing machine in December 2020.
- CD-R recording systems available in 1990 were similar to the washing machine-sized Meridian CD Publisher, based on the two-piece rack mount Yamaha PDS audio recorder costing $35,000, [...] not including the required external ECC circuitry for data encoding, SCSI hard drive subsystem, and MS-DOS control computer.
© dict.cc Swedish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!