|NOUN || a whinchat | whinchats |
|SYNO ||Saxicola rubetra | whinchat|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- In this, it closely resembles the whinchat, which like "S.
- The whinchat is a short-tailed bird, moving on the ground with small, rapid hops and frequently bobbing and flicking its wings and tail.
- "Wheatear" was named after the wheatears, a small northern bird related to the stonechats and whinchat.
- Additionally, rare birds can be seen in the area in spring and autumn on passage to-and-from their breeding grounds such as whinchat and redstart.
- There are over 60 species of bird including curlew, whinchat, and both green and great spotted woodpecker.
- Breeding birds include snipe, lapwing, redshank, curlew, water rail, yellow wagtail and whinchat.
- A variety of typical upland breeding birds are present, including raptors such as the red kite and common buzzard, as well as red grouse, whinchat, European stonechat, northern wheatear and the white-throated dipper at or near the many streams in the forest.
- There are many paths through this semi-natural wood, which has a number of ponds. Birds include firecrest, whinchat, ring ouzel, wood warbler, spotted flycatcher and pied flycatcher.
- The rough grassland adjacent to the site provides ideal breeding habitat for the cuckoo, meadow pipit, whinchat, and wheatear.
- In Britain, France and Ireland it is particularly noted for supporting Dartford warblers ("Sylvia undata") and European stonechats ("Saxicola rubicola"); the common name of the whinchat ("Saxicola rubetra") attests to its close association with gorse.
- Trefil Quarries and Trefil Ddu are noted birdwatching sites; this area is the last remaining site in Gwent where ring ouzel occurs regularly, and other species present include raven, wheatear, stonechat, whinchat, snipe and red grouse.
© dict.cc Swedish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!