|ADJ || whipped | more whipped | most whipped |
|VERB || to whip | whipped | whipped|
whipping | whips
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Normally a natural fibre rope is whipped with twine.
- The dish with whipped cream and the name "Mont-Blanc aux marrons" appears in 1888, 1889, and 1893, and then in Escoffier's "Guide Culinaire" in 1903, with the advice to pile the whipped cream up irregularly to imitate a rugged mountain.
- A Vienna coffee (not to be confused with "Vienna roast" coffee), is coffee or espresso topped with whipped cream.
- There are accounts of carpenters being whipped in 1758 when the overseer "could see a fault", of an enslaved person called Jemmy being whipped for stealing corn and escaping in 1773 and of a seamstress called Charlotte being whipped in 1793 by an overseer "determined to lower Spirit or skin her Back" for impudence and refusing to work.
- Mousse is usually based on whipped cream, often with added egg white foam.
- Italian meringue is made by drizzling a hot sugar syrup into already whipped egg whites while continuing to whip. The meringue is then whipped with butter and flavorings.
- Whipped cream is also an example of a shear thinning material.
- Whipped cream is made by whisking or mixing air into cream with more than 30% fat, to turn the liquid cream into a soft solid.
- Cool Whip remains the most popular brand of whipped topping in the United States, with Reddi-wip (whipped cream in an aerosol can) ranking second.
- During the winter of 1874-75, a dozen Williamson County men were whipped and ordered to leave the area.
- According to old cookbooks, the egg white is whipped to loosen it and lifted under the dough.
- Alcohol-infused whipped cream is a type of whipped cream that is mixed with an alcoholic drink.
- The paper opposes the whipped system of party politics in local Government and support Independent Councillors.
- A whipped cream charger is a steel cylinder or cartridge filled with nitrous oxide (N2O) that is used as a whipping agent in a whipped cream dispenser.
- Snickers salad is a dessert salad consisting of a mix of Snickers bars, Granny Smith apples, whipped cream and often pudding or whipped topping served in a bowl.
© dict.cc Swedish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!