|NOUN || xenon | - |
|SYNO ||atomic number 54 | Xe | xenon|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- Xenon is a chemical element with the symbol Xe and atomic number 54.
- Penning mixtures with the formulas of argon–xenon, neon–argon, argon–acetylene, and xenon–TMA are used as filler gases in gaseous ionization detectors.
- In acetonitrile solution bis(pentafluorophenyl)xenon decomposes to form C6F5-C6F5 (C12F10) and xenon.
- Since 2001, Aprile's research focus shifted to particle astrophysics, specifically to direct detection of dark matter with liquid xenon.
- Xenon short-arc lamps come in two distinct varieties: pure xenon, which contains only xenon gas; and xenon-mercury, which contains xenon gas and a small amount of mercury metal.
© dict.cc Swedish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!